The Lifestyle Medicine Approach to Eating for Optimal Health:
Some data: 80% or more of all healthcare spending in the U.S. is tied to the treatment of conditions rooted in poor lifestyle choices. Chronic diseases and conditions—such as hypertension, heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, multiple types of cancer—are among the most common, costly and preventable of all health conditions.
Nutrition should not feel like a chore, but instead an opportunity to find your own unique version of health. My approach to nutrition uses evidenced-based lifestyle therapeutic interventions. These include whole-food, plant-predominant eating patterns, regular physical activity, restorative sleep, and stress management. My approach will teach you the skills of mindful and intuitive eating, portion control, calorie density, and label reading that will help you build the foundation a of healthy diet. My goal for you is to learn to listen to your body and have fun with this process.
While I offer services based on individual needs, the education I teach encompasses the same skills. The Lifestyle Medicine approach to nutrition has been proven to help with prevention, treatment, and reversal of chronic disease.
Unique Value of Lifestyle Medicine:
• Allows the body to protect and heal itself by promoting healthy lifestyle choices
• Educates, guides and supports positive behavior changes
• Places a focus on evidence-based optimal nutrition, stress management, sleep and physical activity
• Encourages active patient participation
• Treats the underlying, lifestyle-related causes of disease
• Uses medications as a supplement to therapeutic lifestyle changes